Friday, April 26, 2013

Lithuania - Memories from Amberg, Germany


Below you can read how much our Lithuanian mates enjoyed their visit in Amberg.

____________________________________



MY COMENIUS DAYS IN GERMANY 
by Laura Rutkauskaite

            Every person has different desires... Some people can't live without crazy adventures, some persons love long evenings with family, others need to be in the limelight... A chance to visit foreign countries could be once in a life and I get this chance... All my dreams about going to Germany were fulfilled. Every minute was amazing because there were so many activities, new, undiscovered for me entertainments. Also I met a lot of different, hospitable, interesting and very nice people. And now I miss them all so much... Time which I spent in Amberg was like a sweet dream, maybe, better than a dream... And I think that it was the best experience I have ever had.
            We were in a very nice town of Amberg, I liked it very much despite the fact that I saw only a small piece of this beautiful town. It isn't a large town, but there we had such a wonderful time: we visited historical museums, the old town of Amberg, tasted traditional Bavarian food, saw everyday live of native people, heard a real German language, had a lot of fun in a swimming pool and more. Also we were in Nuremberg and visited the place where Nuremberg Trials were, saw the most popular areas of this city, of course, we bought the well known traditional cookies and other sweets there.
            I am interested in XX century's history, so it was very useful for me. I had a great opportunity to see everything by myself, to touch the real story, to perceive certain's person life, to be in the time when everything has happened. I have no words how to describe my best days spent in Amberg but all I can say, that I had a memorable, even unforgettable time.
            What is necessary for every human? I think that to know his history, because the knowledge let not to repeat our ancestral made mistakes, which could cost so much. I want to say THANK YOU for our host families and organizators of this amazing meeting. It was the best days of my life, I think, of all participants’ lives.






_______________________________________________________

My Comenius days in Germany by Monika Balukevičiūtė


After an inimitable trip to Spain I really wanted to visit Germany and my dreams came true! I had a great opportunity to meet amazing people in Amberg. It was really stunning and enjoyable time and I still remember every detail of the meeting. My host girl was Anna-Lena and I am very happy that I had amazing time with her. I hope we will keep in touch in future.
The beginning of our trip was long and exhausting because we had to go by bus. When we finally arrived and met our host families, I was pleasantly surprised that all family members speak English. It was very important to me because sometimes I can’t stop talking. I am glad that I spent a lot of time with my host family and I took a look at their culture and daily life. Also, we spent our first evening playing bowling and I had a possibility to meet participants of the project from other countries. It was a very pleasant time, I have learned a German card game which was really funny and affective.
Moreover, next day we were in a swimming pool and the time spent there was very memorable and crazy. I don’t remember when I was in the pool last time. Also, I have enjoyed the excursions, visits of museums because I am keen on history very much, especially a history of the World War II and I have learnt a lot of new details and information, for example, the process of Nuremberg Trials. I think it will help me with the final exam of History. By the way, the leisure time during the visit was also very striking and awesome. We went to a club, danced and that night was as memorable as the last one when the majority of us were together.
All in all, my Comenius days in Germany were full of impressions, chats, laugh and  funny moments. It was a fantastic experience. Thank you all.





_________________________________________________________________________

My Comenius days in German by Dovilė Ramaškevičiūtė


The moment when I had a chance to visit another country  was  very happy . I didn't realise that I will travel to Germany but to my amazement that five days spent there were fabulous.

It was my first time I have been to Germany and must say that many things I imagined were really different. I and  my partners arrived to Germany on Thursday and everybody  of us  were met  by our host families we lived with. My family was really nice and funny. The rest of the day I spent at home with them.

Next day, in the morning, I had two lessons with my colleagues and after that all of us were welcomed by the principal of the gymnasium and had to present our presentation. Then we had a lunch break.

After the lunch we had a visit  at the townhall. This part was very interesting for me because the place was very peacefull and beautiful. Having a free time in Amberg, we reviewed the architecture of the city that  was modern. The Friday evening I spent in a waterworld of Kurfurstenbad and playing table games with the family.
On Saturday morning we had a trip by  train to Nuremberg and there we visited the Documentation center. After lunch we had a visit to a  memorium Nuremberg Trails that was so beautiful that I can't even forget them now. The rest part of the evening I spent with my friends in a cafe. 
On Sunday, I had breakfast with my host family and I was in a church located on a mountain from which I could see a perfect view of the Amberg city. Then I had lunch with the family and went to a  German-German museum in Modlareuth  that was really interesting and new for me.
I spent a whole day with the family and on Monday we had to leave.
I wish I had an opportunity to come back here later and had a great time with new people.




______________________________________________________


MY COMENIUS DAYS IN GERMANY by Petras Tonkevičius


7 months ago I joined Gelvonai Secondary school. As a new student, I was shy and nervous how things will go in a new school. Few weeks later my English teacher asked me if I wanted to participate in a Comenius project and travel to another country, live in a family for a week. Of course, I said: “Yes!”

When we finally arrived to Amberg train station, I was nervous and shy, I didn’t know what to expect. Shortly after, I was shaking hands with Yannick, a boy who I lived with, and his father.
The activities were very useful and interesting, we visited lots of museums where I can learn more about the history of Germany, Hitler, also it was a great thing to go to a German - German  museum in Mödlareuth. I gained a lot of valuable information. I also met a lot of new people who became my friends and we still talk with help of the Internet.
The leisure time was amazing! We walked in the city of Amberg, went to a lot of shops, ate traditional German food, saw beautiful historical buildings, and, the best of all, we went to a water park!!!
I really enjoyed the stay in Germany, it was the best week of my life, I made a lot of new friends, saw places that I have  never imagined that I will.
I will never forget the days I spent in Germany.


________________________________________________________

:)


No comments:

Post a Comment