Friday, March 14, 2014

Lithuanian's memories from trip to Poland

The final set of memories about their trip to Poland is from Lithuania. 
It looks that you all enjoyed your stay in our country :-) 
That's cool, thank you Guys! :)


I hope you'll enjoy reading their memories. :)

My Comenius days in Poland

Andrius Daraškevičius

On September 19 Thursday, at 22:30 our group arrived at Warsaw’s bus station. Lithuania’s group was of 6 people: 4 students and 2 teachers. Then students’ hosts came to pick up students from our group to their houses. I arrived at my host families flat after about 20 to 30 minutes.  The flat was on the 4th floor. My host family greeted me nicely, then I had  dinner with them. I had a separate bedroom that I really liked.

The next day, September 20 Friday, in the morning the official welcome at school took place. After that we had a lesson of Polish geography and history, a lesson of Polish national dance – Polonez and a lecture about Polish Way to Democracy. After that, students from various countries showed their projections. They were very interesting. Later we had lunch and went sightseeing Warsaw’s old town in small groups of students and teachers. The old town is really nice and it’s similar to Vilnius’ old town.

On Saturday, September 21, early in the morning teachers and students left to Gdansk by bus. The trip was about 6 hours long. After arriving to Gdansk, the whole Comenius group was accommodated at Gdansk Youth hotel. The rooms were big and tidy. About 5-8 students lived in one room. After lunch our group visited the museum of Gdansk shipyard. The exhibition “Ways to Freedom” was very interesting, I and other people learned about Poland’s way to freedom. After the exhibition we had a guided tour of Gdansk old town. Then I had lunch and some free time. My host guided me in the town.

The next day we left the hotel and went to Sopot by bus. After arrival we walked along the Sopot Pier, the longest pier in the Europe. Also, some of us went to the beach. After that we had lunch and left to Warsaw by bus.

This trip left me a very good memory and I really liked it.









 My Comenius days in Poland

Indrė Jasaitytė

On 19th September we left Lithuania and went to Poland. This was my second Comenius project meeting. My days spent in Poland went so quickly. The family where I lived was very hospitable, caring and nice.
All trips and free time were amazing.The programme let me know more about the Polish culture and have fun at the same time. It is unfortunate that, without the arrival and departure, in Poland we had only three days, so time passed very quickly. During this visit, I was not only in Warsaw, but we also visited Gdansk and Sopot. Gdansk fascinated me with the ancient buildings and also the city's beauty. My most emotions had been caused in Sopot. First time 
I have seen such a beautiful sea. We all walked along the longest bridge in Europe. In the evening all students spent time together or did something what they wanted.
I can say, that time hadn't been wasted.  I met a lot of interesting and new people from other parts 
of Europe and learned a bit about their countries 
and history. I had a wonderful time. This trip was unforgettable.



My Comenius days in Poland

Petras Tonkevičius

I was afraid of going to Poland because the person I was supposed to stay in couldn’t contact me and so I was shaking out of fear and joy. But that quickly changed when I met Tomek. Tomek‘s family was very friendly and I felt like at home.
The next day went really well, despite that we walked a lot and I was exhausted at the end of the day. I saw a lot of interesting places and got to know a lot about the old town of Warsaw. However, the best thing was probbably the night, we spent time together with other students, talked a lot, tried various dishes.
Next morning we had to get up early and go to Gdansk by bus. The trip lasted 6 hours, so I
(and most students) slept in the bus. I also had enough time to finish reading a book! Sadly that wasn‘t the worst part... We had to walk even more than the day before and my legs started hurting at the end of the day... However, it was worth it. We saw a lot of interesting and beautiful places.
The best and the last day was when we went to the sea and got to see amazing view. After such a nice start of the day we had another 6 hour trip on bus to Warsaw. When we arrived, we went out to a bar to hang around for last time in Warsaw,it was a pity that not everyone came, but there were enough people, so we had a very good time.
The trip to Poland was the best trip I have ever had. I learned a lot about the country and it‘s capital, but the most important thing is that I made a lot of new friends which I will never forget. 


My Comenius Days in Poland

Vaida Žitkevičiūtė

On 19th September we left Lithuania and went to Poland. My days spent in Poland went very quickly. My family I hosted in was very good and caring, I was very happy.
The programme was amazing. It let me learn more about Poland as a country, we visited some other cities, not only Warsaw, the capital of this country. I liked Warsaw, it’s old town and old buildings. We also had 
a long trip to the north of Poland, we visited Gdansk and Sopot. I was fascinated walking in Gdansk, those ancient buildings were so beautiful. Of cause, we had some tours related to the topic of the project, 
we visited the exhibition ‘Ways to freedom’ and had an opportunity to go to the shipyard where the movement of Solidarity started. Now I can say that I know more about the Polish way to freedom. Sopot 
is one of the most beautiful cities that I have ever seen. First time I have seen such a nice sea. 
It has the longest wooden bridge into the sea, I was happy to walk along it.
I can say that I had a great time here.  I met a lot of interesting and new people from other European countries and learned a bit about their countries and history.







No comments:

Post a Comment