Friday, June 13, 2014

Germans students about trip to Estonia

Hi, it's time to publish the compositions of students who went to Estonia for the last Comenius meeting. 
Enjoy their stories :)




At first I was a little bit sceptical about the exchange with Estonia and the project. But then I saw Tallinn and all worries were taken away. It is a very beautiful city and it is very fascinating. Estonia is a very plain country and a very charming one. All the old houses and farms are very nice. Our trip to Estonia was very long so we all were very tired when we got there. Lukas and me could not stay at our exchange partners’ houses so we were brought to a hostel to stay with the teachers of the different nations. On the following days we did a lot of trips to interesting places. One highlight for me was the visit of the Vaivara War Museum. It is located at a famous war site near two little hills. The museum itself has many interesting texts to read. It was a great experience. Kivioli was very fascinating, too, but I expected it to be bigger. On Saturday we had a trip to the capital of Estonia, Tallinn. We got a guided tour and a lot of free time to experience the wonderful old city. We found some great souvenirs for our parents and grandparents. Later this day we went to a traditional Estonian restaurant and had lunch there. The meal was fantastic but the bus got a wrecked tyre at the way to the restaurant so we had to wait for an hour for help to come. Fortunately there was a wonderful beach near the restaurant. The fantastic view made us forget all our worries. It was soooo beautiful. On Sunday we got a lot of free time so Lukas and me went to Narva to spend some hours there. I have to say that it is a beautiful city but there are so less people so the city looks quite empty. It was a great experience to see the difference between German and Estonian cities. On Sunday evening we went on a barbecue on the beach. It was the most awesome view I have ever had in my life. The sun looked absolutely awesome as it set over the Baltic Sea. I will never forget this evening in Estonia. On Monday we went home to Germany. Thanks to everybody for the awesome exchange with Estonia. I really want to visit this beautiful country again in the future. Thank you :)
Martin Gradl



My trip to Estonia - "our way to freedom"
By Lukas Wießnet

So after waking up at 4 o'clock in the morning and the last luggage preparations, me and my father picked up my friends, Jonas and Martin, and we left to the airport of Nuremberg. From there, making a stop in Francfort, our airplane arrived in Estonia, in Tallinn at 17 o'clock, and
after waiting another 2 hours at the airport, waiting for the Lithuanian people we finally arrived at the hostel at 8 o'clock. With its perfect local situation near to the town of Kivioli and next to the biggest mountain of Estonia, my first impression was absolutely positive. We finished our day after some delicious food, some mashed potatoes, at midnight.
On Friday, our first complete day in Estonia, we went to school after some oats for breakfast, typical of Estonia. There, we were presented the videos made by the different pupils from the different nations, where we got to know much information about the past and the present. In the break, we were shown the school in Kivioli by our exchange partners and I was really surprised by the high level: a gym, a pool and even an x-box were there to be used. Then we left to the Vaivara war museum, seeing the endless forests and wilderness on our trip with the bus, and then we were presented some very interesting facts about the Estonian past and its darkest moments at war.
Then, the highlight of the day: spending some time at the beach with a picknick. I just loved this moment. The day ended with a meeting at the mountain next to our hostel with all the other pupils.

On Saturday we went to Tallinn, the capital, and after having visited the occupation museum, my high expectations of the city got absolutely fulfilled. With its perfect views over the sea, all the beautiful buildings and the cafés, this trip was absolutely worth it! 
In the evening we went to a typical Estonian restaurant where we got the chance to test many delicious specialities. After the meal, we spent another few minutes at the beach where we saw the most beautiful sunsets I could imagine. Simply perfect.
On Sunday, we spent the day with our hosts and we went to Narva by bus. There, it was amazing to experience the culture and the everyday life at a typical Estonian city.  After an Estonian football match, back in Kivioli, we spent our last evening with some other Spanish and Estonian pupils at a barbecue at the beach. Again, I was completely amazed and fascinated by the sun. It was such a perfect ending of a perfect weekend.

And then there was already the last day, Monday, where we packed our bags, said goodbye to our new friends and left back home.

All in all I can say that I would never change my decision of taking part in this project. It expanded my knowledge, I met new friends and I got to know a country, which was almost completely unknown for me before. My personal highlights were the endless loneliness in the nature, the medieval city of Tallinn and of course the sunsets. Those are the moments which you will never forget.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment