Sunday, November 3, 2013

Croatia - Memories of Warsaw, Poland

Hi everyone! :)

new memories.


    
   My Comenius days in Poland

We arrived to Poland on Thursday, the 19th of September around 12PM. Our hosts picked us up at the airport and took us to their homes. On the first day we didn't do much except chill and go out to meet with other people participating in the project. Everybody was funny and sociable. Every night we went out and had a lot of fun with the whole group.
We also got a nice little tour around Warsaw by our hosts, we noticed how Warsaw and Zagreb have some common features. Besides Warsaw we visited Gdansk and Sopot. Gdansk was … different. It looked much older than Warsaw and it had quite a few people begging for money on the streets, a sad sight. But the worst thing about Gdansk was that we couldn't go out of the hostel in the evening. Sopot looked really nice, well at least the part we got to see: the pier and the beach, but it was pretty cold and the wind was blowing. We spent our last day in Warsaw saying goodbye to our new friends.
All in all, I liked the trip to Poland and I'd like to visit Warsaw again. I learned some words and phrases in Polish, a thing or two about Polish people and the Polish dance Polonez. A great experience!
                                                                Marin Vranjican


My Commenius days in Poland

We arrived to Poland on Thursday, around noon. My host Julia picked me up at the airport and we went by bus to her home. Bus drivers in Poland drive very fast.
On the first day we were meeting each other and just relaxing. People from Poland are very nice and fun. Every night we went out with our hosts and we had a lot of fun. Our hosts took us around the old city of Warsaw. Zagreb and Warsaw are very alike. Then we visited Gdansk and Sopot. Gdansk is older than Warsaw and it doesn't look like Warsaw, it looks sadder. In Gdansk we couldn't go out with our hosts. Sopot looks nice, especially the pier and the sea, it was very cold and the wind was chilling. We spent our last day in Warsaw hanging out with our hosts saying goodbye.
I would like to visit Poland again because I didn't have enough time to explore the whole Warsaw.

              Darian  Jug



My Comenius days in Poland

It was my first time in Poland... The people are quite nice there and the hosts were amazing! My school friends and I had 5 unforgettable days there. I was a little bit ashamed, because I never stayed in someone else's house, but my host was really nice so I relaxed. The first day was great because we had to meet all the Comenius guys. These guys are really interesting and funny.  
Then we went around the city, went to pubs with our hosts and had a really good time. We visited Gdansk and Sopot. Both are nice places with very interesting stories. We saw quite a lot of things... Our hosts took care of us, they showed and taught us some interesting things. Those 5 days spent in Poland passed quickly. I wanted to stay there for a few more days, but we've had to go back... I hope that I'll see my Comenius friends again.
 Dominik Zrinušić
 
My Comenius days in Poland

The trip to Poland was my first Comenius trip and I liked it very much. I didn't know much about the country or the people so I was a little bit scared, but everything worked out well.
I was suprised at how much Warsaw is like  Zagreb, they are were similar. Not just the city, but the people as well. It felt, more or less, like home. It was very interesting finding out new things about the history of Poland and also to see it for myself how things are now. Out of everything I saw, I think my favourite part was the Baltic Sea and a little city we visited on the coast of it. I've heard that the northern seas were a different colour than our because they're cold, but it is a lot different when you see it for yourself, it was quite a site. I really liked that we had a lot of time to go exploring the city on our own (you always learn a lot more when you decide to go and look at something yourself than when your teachers make you go or do something). It was also great to meet people from different countries and learn a little bit about them and their culture.
All in all, it was a great experience and I made memories that will probably always stay with me.

                                                                                                       Elena Martini


XOXO
 

No comments:

Post a Comment