Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Croatian students about visiting Lithuania

Hi everyone,
below you'll find the compositions of Croatian students about their stay in Lithuania.
Enjoy the reading :)



My Comenius days in Lithuania
by Amir Muhadri

Hi, my name is Amir and I come from Zagreb.:)
On 11th of November we started our Lithuanian journey and as soon as we left, I had presentment that it will be an exciting journey.
We started in a small bus from Zagreb to Budapest, and then by plane to Warsaw, and then we had to take another plane to Vilnius. When we arrived at the hostel in Vilnius, I met my old friends from Spanish meeting. 
I was excited and happy to see them again.
During our stay in Lithuania we had a great time and surprisingly, museums were very interesting. We could see all sorts of educational things and the last day was the most interesting for me because of the Soviet bunker.
There we were treated like young Soviet soldiers and prisoners. I learned a lot about how people were tortured before, and how they did not have the right to speak freely, because every time they made ​​a „mistake“ the secret police would harm and torture their families. I found this camp very interesting, 
but I know that it would not be like that If I was a real prisoner and lived in the Soviet time.
After the camp we went to the mall and there we hung out together, we played bowling and ate pizzas. 
At the end we had free time to buy souvenirs for our families and friends in Croatia. At the end of the day 
I realised our Lithuanian adventure is about to end.
Saying goodbye is the hardest part of the trip and I was sad because we all had a great time and we got to know each other better.  
I really like Lithuania and I find Vilnius very interesting. I hope that I will visit Vilnius very soon, and also my new Lithuanian friends.

 
My Comenius days in Lithuania
by Kristijan Varga

My name is Kristijan Varga. I'm from Zagreb, capital city of Croatia.
This year I decided to go on trip in Lithuania. We traveled a long time to Lithuania but it was worth it. 
First we meet with Spanish group, they were really nice and very kind. When we arrived at the hostel, 
we met other groups. Hostel was good in my opinion, but food there didn't taste well.
I enjoyed every second there. My favorite part was in school gym. We were laughing, learning traditional Lithuanian dance, playing games and  lots of funny things. We tried very strange and unusual Lithuanian food.
When last day came, I was sad but happy in same time. I was sad because I'll miss all the fun, conversations, experience I had there but on the other hand I made new friends. I hope  I'll have chance to meet all those people once again.


My Lithuanian Adventure
by Josip Živković

In Lithuania the best thing for me was hanging out withe other international students who by the end of the journey became my friends. We were joking and having fun all the time. I also liked museums because they were really really interesting, especially museum who used to be a secret prison of the KGB. I was surprised by the brutality of the politics and the police in the Soviet time. I felt really uncomfortable walking around the prison and watching the cells where they tortured prisoners – victims of unfair politics. Now I worship my freedom more than before. The best thing was when we went  to explore the city and I think they should give us more free time to see things on our own.
Now, I miss  Lithuania and my new friends. I wish to come back  and to see more of it. I recommend everyone to visit this country and  I assure you that you will be warm received. I recommend even to visit museums because they are really modern and to take a walk along the city centre because Vilnius  
is beautiful (even in the winter time).


My adventure from Lithuania
by Elena Martini

We left Zagreb around 2 a.m. on 14th November and arrived at Vilnius around 3 p.m. It was a very long and exausting trip. When we arrived we first settled into our rooms at the hostel and then had dinner. After dinner we went out exploring the city, that was very interesting. ;)

The next day we got up early and went to a Lithuanian school in a little city just outside of Vilnius where everyone presented their documentaries. It was very nice to see people's reaction to our documentary and, of course, to see how other countries presented the topic. We also got a chance to meet the mayor and say a little something about our country, which was very nice. I also liked hearing students from other countries say something about their countries. It was also great that we had a some free time and got a chance to get to know some people a little bit better, my boys especially liked the girls from Spain and, of course, Malina. ;)

During the other days of our visit we visited many museums and historical places, I especially liked the KGB prison. The thing I liked most about this trip is that the days were filled with many different activities and we were never bored. I also liked that we got enough free time to hang out and explore Vilnius. We met a lot of interesting people and made many new friends. Most importantly, we had a lot of fun and did many stupid things that never happened. ;) I think this trip is something that none of us will ever forget. :))




No comments:

Post a Comment