Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Essays from Croatia

Hello, 
more memories from Hungary!

 have a pleasant reading! :))





Rotation in Hungary
We started our journey on Thursday morning. We found ourselves in front of the Zagreb train station. The trip was very long but we had a good time with professors, so it seemed a little bit shorter. When we came to Budapest, we looked for our driver who would take us to Szeged. When the driver arrived, we went to another train station where we picked up a professor from Germany and together headed to Economic School in Szeged.
When we got off the bus in front of the economic high-school, our hosts greeted us . We recognized each other, and with them we went to their homes. When we arrived to their homes, hosts’ mom made a stew for us.
The first day, in the morning, we had to visit the school and to view all the presentations. On Friday we learned about the traditional Hungarian dance which personally I can't do myself, although I tried.
The day after (on Saturday) we went to visit Budapest. In Budapest we visited the Hungarian parliament, the house of terror and the old city, Buda. When we returned from Budapest, we decided to go to a pub. In the pub we played table tennis and table football. My host and I did not stay too long and Robi showed me a church he was going to.
The third day, we were able to do whatever we wanted. We woke up at 10am and I went on a trip around the city with my host and his girlfriend. After walking around the town we went to my host’s place for lunch and then went bowling. After bowling, we went to the bile. After the bile we were exhausted and we needed to pack our things. We were all very tired and we slept in the bus.
When we arrived at the railway station, the professor saw a poor man who was lying on the floor. I went to him and gave him all the forints I had. When we returned back to Zagreb, on the platform my dad was waiting for me.
Mislav Pongrac


Rotation in Hungary

In March 20th I went to Szeged in Hungary. The trip was long and it lasted for almost 9 hours. But we had fun in the train: we were talking and joking a lot. After I met my host in front of her school, we went to her house and I met the rest of her small and lovely family.
The day after, we visited Szeged important sights. Szeged is a small but very beautiful city. After that we were watching documentaries of all countries that participated in the project. It was interesting and educational. Than we were learning about the traditional Hungarian dances that was very interesting and we tried their desserts. Then we visited the House of Terror, the Museum of the First World War in Budapest. After that, we went sightseeing in Budapest. It is one of the most beautiful cities I have ever seen. I liked the chain bridge, a bridge that connects Buda and Pest. We went to their parliament, too. It is a very impressive and beautiful building. The most beautiful place in Budapest in my opinion is surely the Budapest fortress. It provides you an amazing sight of the city.
 We were also sightseeing in Szeged and I had fun with my hosts. Everything in this project was unforgettable and useful. I hope I will visit Hungary at least once more.

Marija Horvat


Rotation in Hungary

We went on a trip to Hungary because we are a part of a project. We went there to explore their culture and to present our culture to them.
The selected group of us, 4 students and 2 teachers, went by train from Zagreb to Budapest. From Budapest to Szeged we travelled by a little bus, and in Szeged we arrived at night time, where we were greeted by our hosts. The Hungarian family gave me a warm welcome and placed me in their home.
During our stay in Szeged we visited their cultural and historical landmarks and presented our programs to other youths from Europe. We had a free day for free activities when we enjoyed some sports activities.
During the entire stay in Szeged we had great help from our hosts. Szeged is a very nice old town, properly maintained and with very interesting historical buildings. I liked the visit to the Parliament in Budapest, where we toured the whole building. And totally impressed, we returned to Zagreb.
Josip Davidović


Visiting Hungary

         I visited Hungary with the Our Way to Freedom project. That was my first time to leave my country and I was very excited about it and in the end, I had a really great time.
Students that were with me on this trip were Josip, Marija and Mislav and the teachers were professors Ante Jurjević and Irena Vojak. My penfriend was Daniel Pataki and he did a really great job hosting me. We travelled to Hungary by train and it took us 6 hours to get to Budapest and 2 more to get to Szeged, the town where we stayed.
On the first day there we were exploring the town and all its beauties, and after some exploring, we went to school to attend a few classes. After school we went out and all of us hung out and had a great time. On the second day we went to Budapest and learned a lot about the history of town and the whole country, we visited a lot of national landmarks and all in all, had a great time there. After we returned we hung out again having a great time and playing table tennis. On the third and our final day we had the whole day to ourselves, so Daniel took me downtown and we just visited some shops there, and after that we met with the rest of our friends and went bowling, and after that we played billiard.
We started our journey back to Zagreb at about 3 a.m. and came home at about 12. To conclude, I had a really great time there and I would love to do it again.

Ivan Sremac














No comments:

Post a Comment