Thursday, May 15, 2014

Memories from Hungary - Estonian group

Hi, today we are publishing the Estonian compositions with their memories of the meeting in Hungary. 
Enjoy the reading!
:)



Our trip started on the 20th of March. It started with a misfortune- our bus didn’t arrive. Luckily, our teacher’s friend helped us and transported us to the airport. When we arrived in Hungary the first thing I felt was warmness and sunshine on my face. After that we drove to Szeged, where I met my host. Before meeting her I felt anxious and a bit scared of what would happen during the trip.My host family was very friendly and welcoming. They made sure that I was comfortable and entertained. For example, we went to the zoo and visited a SPA. I am very grateful that I got to spend time with them and will miss them a lot. One thing that I found out during the trip was that Hungarians eat a lot compared to the Estonians. :)With the Comenius people, we went to Budapest. There we visited the House of Terror, which I thought was not very interesting, because most of the things were in Hungarian. We also visited the Houses of Parliament, which were very beautiful. After that we had some free time and me and Estonians explored the city of Budapest. All in all I think that Budapest is a gorgeous city with a lot of architecturally magnificent buildings.I enjoyed the trip very much and I’m happy I took the oppurtunity to go.
Kärt Kalamees


My Comenius Days in Hungary
When our teacher mentioned that we could go to Hungary I thought I needed to take the oppurtunity and go. Our journey begann on 20 March 1 am from Kiviõli. We arrived to Szeged at 12 am on the same day. Our trip from Estonia to Hungary was quite okay, it wasn't very tiring but because we had to start so early from Kiviõli we were sleepy when we arrived. My host family was friendly but very quiet and we didn't speak very much. They didn't speaks English and that was the reason why we didn't speak much. I got very well along with my host sister. I also met a lot of her friends and we went out with them every night. They were very hearth warming and welcoming. I really loved Hungary, it is very beautiful country. Almost all of my time I spent in Szeged, where we stayed. One day we spent in Budapest what is the capital of Hungary. I loved the architecture that was there but unfortunately we didn't have a lot of free time there to walk around the city. I'm very fortunate that I was able to go and experience it all.
Carina Krekker


My Comenius days in Hungary
I have participated in Comenius Project earlier, so it was not my first project. Comenius Project a great opportunity to challenge your English, get new experiences and meet new wonderful people.I spent 3-4 days in city named Szeged. I really liked this city because there are modern buildings and long streets where we went walking with my hostsister Brigi. With other project participants we went out for lunches and in the evenings we usually spent time playing pool, table-football, pingpong or bowling.I spent 4 nights in Brigi’s place. She lives with her parents and her brother. I saw that they were really happy to meet me and I was very happy to meet them, too. During those days I spent there, we got to know each other. The last day was „the family day“, where we went to the zoo. I saw animals I had never seen before. My hostfather had a birthday on this day, so we went to his favourite restaurant. I was very pleased with my hostfamily.During the project days we made acquintance with Szeged – in what school our hosts go, what are the most important places in the city. We also went to the capital of Hungary, Budapest. We visited a museum named The House of Terror, where we learned about the history of Hungary. We got a pleasant experience in Parliament, which was very glorious and big. We also visited the Castle of Budapest.I am very glad I got the chance to participate in Comenius Project, I got so many great experiences. I met wonderful people and I really hope that some day I will see my hostfamily again.
Elina Ivanov

My Comenius Days
On the 20th of March we started our journey to Hungary. It was quite long and tiring, but once we reached Szeged, the tiredness just seemed to disappear.Before meeting my host and her family, I was quite nervous and worried about how easy communicating with everyone would be. Luckily, my host family was very nice to me. Despite the language barrier, they tried to communicate with me as much as possible. Even though I was in a completely new and somewhat scary situation, they made me feel comfortable.During my stay, I fell in love with Szeged. The architecture there is something extraordinary. Because Im from a small town, it was very interesting going out every evening and exploring new places. Just when I thought I had seen the whole city, we would end up in a completely new place.The thing I will miss the most about Szeged is the people. My hosts friends were extremely friendly and I felt welcomed amongst them. They were very curious and asked a lot of questions, some of them quite funny. Even though we have the chance to communicate over Facebook, I do not think its quite the same as seeing each other face-to-face.I had a lot of fun in Szeged and if given the chance, Id love to go back again.
Hanna Mirontšik













No comments:

Post a Comment